Our client requires a Market Development/ Sales Engineer who has experience in selling high value test and measurement support services into the electronic equipment market.
Job Qualifications & Requirements
- This position requires a Diploma/Degree in Electronic Engineering (Light Current) or similar industry experience. Additionally, experience or knowledge in Radio Frequency
- Applications and Calibration of test and measurements instruments is preferred.
- Experience in selling the true value of calibration to a diverse installed base of test & measurement customers is a requirement.
- Experience in creating /finding new markets for a Service Centre with technicians highly experienced in a broad range of sophisticated electronic technologies.
- Good understanding of the competitive environment in Test and Measurement repair and calibration market
- Experience in selling skills and time management training.
- Willing to travel outside South Africa.
- Valid driver’s license, passport, and own suitable and reliable transport
Skillsets and Attributes
Our client values itself on employing people with strong technical backgrounds and excellent communication skills. The combination of technical knowledge and effective communication skills is essential. Ability to effectively sell products or services and negotiate, analytical & problem – solving skills. Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively, strong interpersonal & client facing/ interaction (customer engagement) skills.
In addition, this position requires the following skillsets and attributes:
- Continually increase the profitable business through a Service Centre.
- Understand and interpret customer needs and translate them into profitable services.
- Provide information on the competitive landscape.
- Understand the company’s current products and services and know the company’s installed base of products.
- Sell proposals for potential new revenue streams to management using researched business plans.
- Foster excellent working relationships with the Account Managers and the Service Centre manager.
- Be able to negotiate at required levels to obtain win-win results.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes.
- Ability to work well under pressure, commitment to customer satisfaction and willingness to learn.