The key purpose of the role is to translate the business strategy for Financial Services into Credit and Lending products and solutions that are appropriate for the underbanked and underserved consumers of South Africa.
The Credit and Lending Propositions Manager role entails end-to-end Product Life-cycle Management, which include research, design, development and execution of products and solutions, from strategic context right through to market go-live as well as in-market continuous management.
The role also entails ongoing custodianship of credit and lending propositions to ensure they perform in accordance with the business objective and commercial expectations. The market custodianship will include new and improved products that enable the organisation to sell products and services via physical, digital and mobile platforms.
The job will require close interaction with both external and internal stakeholders including multi-disciplinary and multi-skilled teams to research, build products, features and solutions within the client journey across multiple platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Product Research and Development and delivery
- Accountable for market research relevant to the client base we aim to service
- Understands the industry opportunities, current and future trends, market supply and demand, pricing, profit drivers, main competitors and enabling suppliers.
- Knowledge and understanding of competitors in – their strengths, weaknesses, competitive advantages and disadvantages. This includes formal and informal products operating in the market
- Accountable for the effective design, build and delivery within agreed timelines of the proposition products, features and solutions – including scoping, design and implementation of this includes BRS documentation, case studies, test cases
- Understands the IT landscape for the selected products and features to ensure they are appropriate for the products and solutions that go to market
- Facilitate the relationship between various functions that are integral for the delivery of products and market solutions
- Conducts research, analysis and interprets the customer insight data in terms on an ongoing basis
- Continuously ensures that the solution built is aligned and relevant to the client value journey.
Risk Appetite and Pricing
- Ensure Risk Appetite and Pricing is in line with the stipulations of NCA
- Establish and maintain the Risk Appetite for the Credit Portfolio
- Understand governance & compliance requirements in line with products and solutions that are brought to market.
- Custodianship of product pricing in accordance with the Risk Appetite, Risk-based Pricing models and the NCA
- Establish and manage customer monitoring structures and processes to ensure pricing is competitive, aligned to the risk appetite and can meet client requirements.
- Ongoing evaluation of product revenue, servicing cost structures and market penetration i.e., continuous assessment of overall product profitability and cost drivers
Stakeholder Engagement and Management
- Ensures alignment between all stakeholders through effective communication
- Manages the relationships with all internal stakeholders that are part of the solution.
- Ongoing engagement with relevant stakeholders in relation to market conduct, risk and compliance requirements.
- Provide input into Learning and Development as required to support the products and solutions in the market
- Works with the relevant go-to-market teams to promote the products and solutions appropriately
- Guides the change and marketing teams to articulate the marketing initiatives required promote the products and solutions effectively
- Analyses and interprets feedback received from customers and staff regarding the products and solutions and ensures necessary actions are taken to address and challenges and issues
Reporting and Monitoring
- Establishes relevant performance targets and metrics
- Ensure adequate and appropriate reporting and monitoring is in place for products and solutions in the market.
- Responsible for the Credit Income Statement (Revenue drivers, Cost drivers) aligned to commercial performance expectations
- Accountable for ensuring the business case is met by continuously track improvements of products and solutions.
- Manages delivery teams (direct and indirect reports) to ensure effective delivery of business objectives.
- Supports a culture of a high performing teams through performance management process, regular performance feedback and coaching, including addressing poor performance.
- Motivates team members and ensures that they receive recognition appropriately for their roles and responsibilities
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum – Undergraduate degree in business and/or commerce
- Minimum 8 years’ experience end-to-end Product Lifecycle Management in Credit and
- Lending (Credit Cards, Short-term Lending)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Credit Customer Value Propositions Management
- Minimum 3-5 years Risk & Compliance exposure in Financial Services
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Product Marketing
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Income Statement management
- Project management experience will be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Lending and Credit Products Design and Development
- Product Analysis
- Business Analysis
- Process Engineering
- Financial Literacy
- Strong commercial and data literacy
- Product Change Management
- People Management (direct reports and matrix structures)
- Stakeholder Management (internal and external)
- Networking skills
- Collaboration skill