Do you want to be a part of Rapid Response Team? If you do, you’ll be there when things get interesting! You’ll be responsible to keep the airports open when the Snow hits like the Beast from the East! We may also be able to utilise you on other areas of the Airport if you are successful.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS ADHOC WORK AND SHIFTS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE WHEN THERE IS A THREAT OF SNOW OR CONFIRMED SNOW EVENT – TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED. IT IS NOT FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT AND WILL SUIT INDIVIDUALS WHO WORK ON SHIFT PATTERNS OR WHO ARE SELF EMPLOYED AND WANT THE EXTRA INCOME.
- This is on-call work only and should not be considered a primary source of income.
- This type of work is best suited to self-employed candidates or people who have similar flexible working arrangements.
- In return for your commitment, you’ll benefit from great rates, the excitement of working airside and joining a great team knowing you’ll making a big difference…that’s our airport Rapid Response Team.
As a Winter Resilience Operative, your duties may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the clearance of snow from Aircraft Stands & Passenger Walkways
- Using various equipment on the aircraft stand to include Shovels, brushes, and manual gritters
- Hardworking & reliable with an excellent work ethic
- Flexible with Shifts (able to workdays, nights & weekends)
- Attend shifts at very short notice (minimum 4 hours)
- Live within a 45-minute commute of Heathrow Airport
- No criminal convictions
- Hold a Full & Valid UK Driving Licence
- Due to the location of work being at the airport, we need the following information from you:
- Must possess Valid Photo ID (One of the following)– UK Passport, EU Passport, EU ID Card,
- Non-UK Passport & Visa, Biometric Residence Permit, Full UK Birth Certificate & Driving Licence
- Must be able to provide references for us to call and obtain a verbal reference from previous employer’s
- There is an element of manual handling of materials including pushing and pulling of equipment. You will need to be physically fit and able to carry out this role; the Airport is a large environment, and you will often be required to walk long distances between workstations.
- The opportunity to earn good rates of pay when you are snowed off from your usual role
- We also supply skilled operatives (Team Leaders & Tractor Driver) to the Rapid Response
- Team, therefore the opportunity to be up skilled (pending your experience and driving licences possessed)
- For the right candidates Logic 360 are willing to invest in obtaining an individual an Airside pass for other Contracts that we hold within the Airport
Training required & Rates (Umbrella PAYE): 1 half day:
- Winter Resilience Induction (WR) (4 hours) £100.00
Pay rates on any Event (when you are called in): UMBRELLA PAYE ONLY:
- This is ad-hoc emergency work. Your hours will vary, and you must be flexible enough to work, days, nights, weekends etc. We will update your availability at the time an event is initiated.
The shifts are typically:
- Days: 7am-7pm – we ask you get there early to get through security and allow time after the
- event to get back out through security.
- Nights: 7pm-7am – we ask you get there early to get through security and allow time after the event to get back out through security.
- If you are called to a shift, you will be paid a shift rate (detailed below)
- You will be notified of your shift by SMS at the earliest possible time which requires your response.
- We will follow up with a confirmation call confirming your shift.
- You will be required to attend immediately (within 4 hours).
Shift Rates UMBRELLA PAYE ONLY: (Including Holiday Pay)#
- Event weekdays (6am – 8pm): £269.98
- Event weeknights (6pm – 8am): £295.75
- Event Weekend Days (6am – 8pm): £282.86
- Event Weekend Nights (6pm – 8am): £315.08
- Bank Holidays: £450.39
- Standby (if instructed): £63.78
- Training attendance: £100.00
Working Health & Safety:
You will be required to complete a Security exam under Health and Safety regulations. You will need demonstrate you have a good understanding of Health & Safety practices and communicate clearly in both written and verbal English.
There is an element of manual handling of materials including pushing and pulling of equipment. You will need to be physically fit and able to carry out this role. The Airport is a large environment, and you will often be required to walk long distances between workstations