Baggage Handler / Ramp Agent
£12.00 per hour
Shift Pattern: The hours range from 6 on 3 off 8.5 hour shifts
Our client is looking for Baggage Handlers at Stansted Airport.
You will be working in the Ground Handling and Operations Team, ensuring consistent delivery of high performance standards in the provision of the smooth, timely and accurate processing of passenger baggage and aircraft turnaround
You should be able to demonstrate a hard working, adaptable attitude and be able to thrive on variety in the workplace. A demonstrable background in the aviation industry, Customer Service and Airside exposure would be an asset.
Specific Responsibilities and Objectives
- Complete processes and activities, in accordance with both CAA and DfT regulations and Airline(s), Airport(s) and company procedures.
- Perform accurate and efficient sortation of outbound passenger baggage.
- Take active involvement in all Aircraft Turnaround processes (including but not limited to aircraft arrival, baggage unload, baggage load, aircraft departure) as instructed by Team Leader.
- Security duties (including but not limited to Patrols, Access Control and I.D. checks).
- Safe and efficient operation of Ground Service Equipment.
- Regular preventative maintenance within the operational environment (including but not limited to removal of FOO, Ground Service Equipment checks/cleaning).
- Provide assistance and input to any baggage loading/unloading problems with accuracy and efficiency ensuring Team Leaders are kept informed.
- Work cohesively as part of the team so as to maximise co-operation leading to the efficiency and effectiveness of the operation.
- Liaise and work together with other departments to ensure our customers receive a high standard of service.
- Carry out any other reasonable task as requested by Line Management or Team
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, write and understand written instruction and information
- Proactive approach to all work requirements and a team centred ethos.
- 5-year checkable history (employment, self-employment, education, or benefit claim)
- 5-year UK address history
- Valid photo ID (UK Passport, EU Passport, EU ID Card, Non-EU Passport & Visa, Biometric Residence Permit)
- Valid UK Driving License ( 0 points)
- You will be required to complete a Security exam under Health and Safety regulations. You will need demonstrate you have a good understanding of Health & Safety practices and communicate clearly in both written and verbal English.
- There is an element of manual handling of materials including pushing and pulling of equipment. You will need to be physically fit and able to carry out this role. The Airport is a large environment, and you will often be required to walk long distances between workstations.
If you believe this role is for you, then we would love to talk to you about it in more detail – don’t delay get in touch today!
Logic 360 Ltd is acting as an Employment Business.